Sunday, July 17, 2011

Needed a break

Hi folks. Sorry for the delay in posting these last few days, but I needed a break from writing. It's been a stressful day or two and I just didn't have the wherewithal to sit down at the computer and type something out. Aurelia is stable and in a similar place to where she was a few days ago. She still is terribly gassy, has needed medicine to help move her bowels, and is still watched closely for the amount she urinates. Her fevers spiked a few nights in a row, but last night it was not quite so dramatic a rise.

In terms of pain Aurelia is on oxycodone and tylenol, if she needs the additional relief. Sleep has been difficult for her, in part because of the gas, but also because she is so nosy. Our girl has to inspect everything going on in and everyone entering the pod. We hope to be out of intensive care soon so we have a shot at a private room. Her recovery should go well there.

Aurelia's breathing is still assisted by 1/4 liter of oxygen, but that is what she came in on, and she is a terribly difficult ween. We hope to start weening her off morphine and diazepam again soon, and maybe her oxygen, too. She has to relax, more, though, and breathe deeply for that to happen.

Not much to report other than that. Jillian went home for a night and returned with my in-laws and Madison as we approach this next phase in the step-down unit. I'll be returning to Gettysburg for a few days to be with the cats tomorrow morning sometime, I think. Well, thanks as always for all your support and prayers. Hope you are all well!

PS - I fixed the comments - everyone should be able to comment now.

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    my name is Jenna and i came across your site. Your daughter is an amazing courageous,strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. She will be in my thoughts. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all such strong, amazing & courageous people. Your daughter will be eternally grateful for the love & support you give. To her, this is life & when she’s old enough to understand just how much she’s gone through, she will hold you like never before. You are in my thoughts & hope you can return home & all live happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a promise to tell my testimony all over the globe once my man come back to me and my husband came just as Great Mother told me when she helped me. I made the right choice to have contacted Great Mother the great spell caster who is capable of helping you solve your problems. My man left me to suffer and i never believed that he will come back to me again but when i contacted Great Mother she assured me that my man will come again. She gave me some list of items to buy but i could not get them in my country and so i sent her the money and she bought the items and prepared the perfect love spell. My husband ran back to me in 3 days time begging for forgiveness THIS IS SO REAL AND GENUINE. NO SCAMS. I was so surprise that the spell worked just as she told me. This is so amazing and i want you to believe because Great Mother is so real and i urge you contact her now on her email so that she can also help you the way she helped me. Her email is Greatmotherofsolutiontemple@yahoo.com and you can also contact her with her phone number on whats app +2348078359876 you can also check and contact her on
    Greatmotherofpowers.blogspot.com
    Greatmotherofsolution.blogspot.com

    I made a promise to tell my testimony all over the globe once my man come back to me and my husband came just as Great Mother told me when she helped me. I made the right choice to have contacted Great Mother the great spell caster who is capable of helping you solve your problems. My man left me to suffer and i never believed that he will come back to me again but when i contacted Great Mother she assured me that my man will come again. She gave me some list of items to buy but i could not get them in my country and so i sent her the money and she bought the items and prepared the perfect love spell. My husband ran back to me in 3 days time begging for forgiveness THIS IS SO REAL AND GENUINE. NO SCAMS. I was so surprise that the spell worked just as she told me. This is so amazing and i want you to believe because Great Mother is so real and i urge you contact her now on her email so that she can also help you the way she helped me. Her email is Greatmotherofsolutiontemple@yahoo.com and you can also contact her with her phone number on whats app +2348078359876 you can also check and contact her on
    Greatmotherofpowers.blogspot.com
    Greatmotherofsolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete